Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Today

Earth tones greet you as soon as you roll up and the Sabine river slithers about its course just down the hill, reaching out and taking in the unwilling, covering it, soaking it, changing it forever. Tree leaves cascade in the wind as birds caracole around the place. Slow is what it seems like it should be.

Today, I get the privilege of working at the compost pile. Rain is forecasted all day. Thirteen tornados have ravaged Texas today. Yet, each time I come here, I feel at peace, it is a low-stress environment. I feel at home among the trees. They call to me. There is nothing better than a tree. Oak being my favorite, for it is a noble tree and strong.

Where do you feel at peace and at home the most?

Here is what it looks like out my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment